What is Connections Panic Button and Sensor Integration?
Connections can integrate with existing surveillance systems or work with new devices, such as wireless buttons or input sensors.
Sensors can, through contact closure devices, send input to the Connections server and thus can send out alert messages, activate a camera, send a video feed to an LCD screen or computer, make a recorded PA announcement and many other things.
How Does it Work?
Through the MessageNet Connections server software platform, sensors and buttons can launch any type of message, from alerts to LCD input changes to video recordings.
Sensors can include gas sensors, sounds meters, glass-break detectors, door-open detectors, and motion detectors.
Wireless buttons require a manual button press, but any sensor can automatically send input to the Connections server, which can interpret the data to launch an appropriate alert or message.
Records & Audit Trails
Stored video, along with extensive message archives and system logs provide comprehensive security and management information.
Practicality & Cost Effectiveness
Connections can integrate with systems you may already have in place as well as any new equipment or systems.
Ease of Use
All devices are accessed from the same program, which can be used on any network-connected computer, making messaging and communications very easy.
The Connections system is designed to meet the demands of many users and a diversity of needs at once.
Security & Access Controls
Login, class of service, authorization and priority controls help limit users’ access to features and capabilities for a more secure system. Messages can also automatically show sender’s signature.
Daily & Emergency Use
In addition to enhancing security and surveillance systems, Connections’ video camera integration can be used to fulfill daily communications needs, such as noise level monitoring and automated message launching.
As such, panic buttons and sensors integrate with a multitude of devices to create a well-rounded communications resource.
- Automatically launch a message or alert based on input from a sensor.
- Turn on surveillance cameras with motion detectors.
- Monitor noise levels and automatically send a message requesting quiet directly to the appropriate location when the noise level gets too high.
- Use glass-break and door-open detectors to alert security of intruders.
- Improve HCAHPS scores for hospitals with sound meters.
- Trigger customizable messages with panic buttons.
- Change input on LCD screens with a button press.
- Send out specific alerts to specific people or areas depending on the input received from sensors.
- Customize the input that MessageNet Connections monitors, to filter out irrelevant data.
- Alert the right people immediately when an emergency happens.Schedule observations and recordings of specific areas.
- Keep people updated as an emergency progresses with automatic input from sensors.
- Prevent or mitigate emergency situations by warning people as soon as the emergency starts to happen.
- Keep records of all input from sensors, so problem areas can be more easily monitored.
- Monitor hospitals for gas levels with med gas sensors.
- Send automatic alerts to police or other emergency responders when a sensor is set off.
- Begin recording or send a video feed to the appropriate responders if a door-open or glass-break detector is tripped.
Available in Many Ways
Connections’ main interface is browser-based, which means sensor input can be viewed from any network connected computer. Automated messages can be set up to receive input from many different types of devices and be sent out to any devices that have a network or Internet connection.
In addition to manual user interaction, Connections can automatically communicate at the command of an automated device, such as a contact closure, fire panels, life-safety devices, door-open detectors, and a vast number of other data sources.
Because Connections can integrate with pre-existing communications and security systems, it can work with devices you already have and add additional sensors and buttons either one at a time or in larger amounts.
MessageNet Connections is a browser-based, integrated system that unifies everyday and emergency communications and security into one powerful system. Connections integrates your existing communication, safety and security systems to create communication bridges between people, places and things.
One of the unique advantages of the MessageNet Connections system is scalability: you can start with your specific needs now and seamlessly upgrade your system to include customized functionality later.
- Audio/Visual PA & VoIP
- PC Pop-Ups Instant Messaging
- Digital Signage & LCD HDTV
- LED Electronic Signs
- SMS Text Messaging & Paging
- Fire, Safety, Security & Alerting Systems Integration
- Telephone Communications
- VoIP & Analog PA Systems